Jason Jacobsohn, Guest Author –
Building and managing your network is something that you should take very serious. Your network is your own personal asset that you can keep with you no matter where you work.
Guard it very carefully. With that said, make sure that you don’t do anything to cast a negative shadow on yourself or to burn any bridges with anyone.
Below are five ways to burn bridges with your network:
1. Only speak about yourself – You should show an interest in others as well. Otherwise, people will think that you are too self-centered.
2. Don’t reciprocate with referrals/introductions – If you get referrals/introductions, then you need to reciprocate. Otherwise, you will be seen as only a taker.
3. Don’t lie or misrepresent the truth – Be honest at all times. If you lie to people about who you are and what you have done, then you will eventually be found out.
4. Treat others with disrespect – Be careful not to treat people who you know or their referrals with any disrespect. By doing so, your brand will be hurt.
5. Constantly selling your services/products – You should focus on building relationships not selling your services/products. Over time, people will buy from you but not only they get to know you.
Copyright © 2010 – Jason Jacobsohn. Jason is a seasoned networker who believes in relationship building as a key component to business success. He enjoys helping others succeed by making introductions, planning events, and sharing resources. In addition, Jacobsohn enthusiastically shares resources with his network through his e-mail newsletter, personal website, and BLOG.
NOTE: All articles and networking tips listed in this BLOG – written by Larry James – are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.
Add Larry James to your Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/larry.james
Follow Larry’s “once daily” Relationship Tweet at: http://www.Twitter.com/larryjames
Follow Larry’s “Relationship BLOG” at: http://CelebrateLove.wordpress.com/
Follow Larry’s “Wedding BLOG” at: http://CelebrateIntimateWeddings.wordpress.com
NOTE: All articles and networking tips listed in this BLOG are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.