What’s the point of networking?
In a word. . . “Relationships!”
Networking is your access to opportunity. Access comes through developing close, personal relationships with others. It’s constructing a network of support. Building alliances is important. If you neglect nurturing relationships you put your career plans in jeopardy.
“We can be walking encyclopedias of knowledge, and yet go to the grave with the music still within ourselves unless we ,aster the art of networking. With our changing values, shifting methods and increasing competition, we find networking far more important than ever before. We must circulate if we want to percolate and we must make contacts if we expect to make contracts.” ~ Cavett Robert
Now that you know the point of networking. . . What is networking?
• Networking is giving without expectation.
• Networking is helping you to fit the pieces of the relationship puzzle together in a healthy way!
• Networking is the ability to express appreciation by saying “Thank you!” for business leads from others.
• Networking is nurturing career and personal clarity.
• Networking is an ongoing relationship building process.
• Networking is being willing to set realistic, achievable networking goals.
• Networking is being committed to do whatever it takes to improving your business by achieving your goals.
• Networking is caring enough to do and be your very best.
• Networking is loving yourself enough to love and share with others.
• Networking is the ability to continually learn networking technique to make all your business dreams come true.
• Networking is connecting with others to help you get the job done in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
• Networking is developing the resources for future business leads by developing good business partnerships.
• Networking is connectivity in action.
• Networking is the art of developing business contacts and career visibility.
• Networking is getting together to get ahead.
• Networking helps forge relationships between businesses and creates a referral process in which both businesses and prospective clients can benefit and use with confidence.
• Networking is finding that friendly voice that will talk you through business concerns you may have.
• Networking is an organized method of designing links “from” people you know, connecting with the people they know, gaining and using an ever-expanding base of contacts to exchange information, advice, business contacts and support.
Networking is like fishing – How far are you willing to cast your net? Casting your net is a learned skill.
Network unto others as you would have them network unto you!
And. . . this is Networking in a nutshell:
Networking is. . . using your creative talents to help others achieve their goals as you cultivate a network of people strategically positioned to support you in your goals. . . expecting nothing in return! – Larry James
Networking can propel you far beyond “business as usual.”
Copyright © 2011 – Larry James. Larry James is a Professional Speaker, Author and Coach. Larry James presents networking seminars nationally and offers Networking coaching; one-on-one or for your Networking Group! Invite Larry James to speak to your group! His latest book is, Ten Commitments of Networking: Creative Ways to Maximize Your Personal Connections! Something NEW about Networking is posted on this Networking BLOG every 4th day! Visit Larry’s Networking Website at: “Networking HQ!”
NOTE: All articles and networking tips listed in this BLOG – written by Larry James – are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.
Add Larry James as a “friend” to your Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/larry.james
Follow Larry’s “once daily” Relationship Tweet at: http://www.Twitter.com/larryjames
Follow Larry’s “Relationship BLOG” at: http://CelebrateLove.wordpress.com/
Follow Larry’s “Wedding BLOG” at: http://CelebrateIntimateWeddings.wordpress.com
Follow Larry’s “Authors & Speakers” BLOG at: http://www.AuthorsandSpeakerNetwork.wordpress.com/