Do You Stand Out in Your Networking Group? First impressions are critical. Amp up your personal style and you will capture attention and establish your brand. People who stand out in their networking group…
• Are present at every meeting
• Puts new “spin” on their 30-Second Connection (often called Elevator Speech or Audio Logo) to keep it current, exciting, offbeat and memorable
• Volunteer to run for an Officer position
• Actively pass business referrals to others in the group
• Always perform speedy follow-up to business leads received
• Get involved in your networking group
• Often act as a greeter at a meeting so they can meet everyone
• Schedule meetings with other members outside of the group to get to know them better & to build better relationships
• Share with other members what works best based on their own experience
• Follows business etiquette
• Dresses to impress
• Consistently works to improve their networking skills by attending networking seminars and reading networking books
• Always remember to put helping others before selling themselves – Seeks to help others!
• Share new information or make a new introduction to someone else in the group
• Listens more than they talk
• Remember to say, “Thank you,” in special ways
• Always carries business cards and has extras in the car
• Keeps their conversations positive and upbeat
• Sits with someone they would like to get to know better at meetings
• Always keep their word
• Wears a name tag or company tag
• Let’s everyone know they are approachable
• Volunteer to be the speaker at a meeting
Your perception will shift from one of being a networker (perceived as wanting something from others) to being a valuable resource. Connecting people also elevates your status because we evaluate people based on who they know. If you want to increase your visibility and improve your networking return on investment (ROI), get involved in the leadership of your favorite group.
Networking is… using your creative talents to help others achieve their goals as you cultivate a network of people strategically positioned to support you in your goals. . . expecting nothing in return! ~ Larry James
Networking is about making connections and building enduring, mutually beneficial relationships.
Copyright © 2013 – Larry James. Adapted from Larry’s latest book, Ten Commitments of Networking: Creative Ways to Maximize Your Personal Connections! Larry James is a Professional Speaker, Author and Networking Coach. He presents networking seminars nationally and “Networking” coaching by telephone or one-on-one. Something NEW about Networking is posted on this Networking BLOG every 4th day! Visit Larry’s Networking Website at: “Networking HQ!”
Subscribe to “Networking HQ BLOG with Larry James” and receive a fresh networking article or tip every 4th day by e-mail. Click on the “Email Subscription” link on the right under the “search” box. You can unsubscribe anytime!
NOTE: All articles and networking tips listed in this BLOG – written by Larry James – are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.
Add Larry James as a “friend” to your Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/larry.james
Follow Larry’s “once daily” Relationship Tweet at: http://www.Twitter.com/larryjames
Follow Larry’s “Relationship BLOG” at: http://CelebrateLove.wordpress.com/
Follow Larry’s “Wedding BLOG” at: http://CelebrateIntimateWeddings.wordpress.com
Follow Larry’s “Authors & Speakers” BLOG at: http://www.AuthorsandSpeakerNetwork.wordpress.com/