Marie Forleo, Guest Author
If you’ve ever questioned the best way to balance your need for “quiet” with the never-ending opportunities to “put yourself out there” — today’s MarieTV episode is for you.
Shy? Introvert? You’ll learn five super helpful strategies to “putting yourself out there” in a way that works perfectly with your quiet nature.
Larry’s NOTE: Networkers… Pay attention to this video if you are the least bit introverted. If you are an extrovert, this might help understand their dilemma. Perhaps several of the articles in the “BONUS Article” section below will also help.
Susan Cain, author of QUIET: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking, believes the power of introverts lies in what many consider their weaknesses. In this video you’ll learn key ways from Susan Cain to use introverted traits to your benefit in business and life, and discover how to be fully yourself when networking.
1. Choose Your Business Or Career Wisely. Ask yourself if a job or career will be a good fit for your introverted temperament. Susan Cain suggests choosing a line of work that fits and that you’re also passionate about.
2. Make A Quota. Instead of battling with yourself over every social invitation, create a quota system for how often you’ll go out and socialize. Once you meet your quota, you can comfortably turn down additional invitations.
3. The Power Of One And Rule Of Thumb For Networking. If you’re introverted, reframe networking in a way that works for you. Instead of worrying about working an entire room at a networking event, focus on finding just one kindred spirit you can connect with.
4. The Power Of Partnerships. Find a partner who is a complement to your temperament and skill-set.
5. When It’s Time To Fly, Don’t Deny. When you’re out in the world being social, you’ll eventually reach your breaking point where you’re reading to go home. Train yourself in graceful ways to exit social events when you’re ready to leave.
Susan Cain’s website: www.ThePowerOfIntroverts.com
Susan Cain’s book, QUIET: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking!
Copyright © 2015 – Marie Forleo. Marie Forleo is a marketing and lifestyle expert who inspires countless individuals to live Rich, Happy & Hot™. She reaches over 90,000 readers in 188 countries worldwide with her weekly videos and newsletter, and leads dynamic training programs that teach individuals to succeed in business and life. Visit Marie’s Website!
Larry James is a Professional Speaker, Author and Networking Coach. He presents networking seminars nationally and “Networking” coaching by telephone or one-on-one. Something NEW about Networking is posted on this Networking BLOG every 4th day! Visit Larry’s Networking Website at: “Networking HQ!”
Click for Archives! ~ Subscribe to Larry’s FREE monthly “LoveNotes for Lovers” eZINE. Contact: CelebrateLove.com, P.O. Box 12695, Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2695. – CelebrateLove.com and CelebrateIntimateWeddings.com
NOTE: All articles and networking tips listed in this BLOG – written by Larry James – are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.
Add Larry James as a “friend” to your Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/larry.james
Follow Larry’s “once daily” Relationship Tweet at: http://www.Twitter.com/larryjames
Follow Larry’s “Relationship BLOG” at: http://CelebrateLove.wordpress.com/
Follow Larry’s “Wedding BLOG” at: http://CelebrateIntimateWeddings.wordpress.com
Follow Larry’s “Authors & Speakers” BLOG at: http://www.AuthorsandSpeakerNetwork.wordpress.com/
Visit Larry James on LinkedIn
Follow Larry’s Networking on Facebook: https://www.Facebook.com/NetworkingHeadquarters/timeline
Follow Larry’s Networking Pinterest Page @ http://www.pinterest.com/larryjames2012/networking-blog/!